Registration Information

GENERAL INFORMATION Policy and Regulations

Visit the school office and pick up a registration packet
Full registration packets are required for anyone new to YCUSD

Click here for Boundary Maps. If you have further questions regarding which school your kindergartner should be registered at, feel free to contact the YCUSD Student Welfare and Attendance Department at (530) 822-7641.
Age-Eligible Children: Districts must admit children at the beginning of the school year (or whenever they move into a district) if they will be five years of age on or before September 1 for the 2014-2015 school year, and each school year thereafter. (EC Section 48000[a]).  For more information visit:

In order to receive a Registration Packet please make sure and have the following items:

Registration will consist of parents/guardians completing the following forms:

            1.   Registration Form
            2.   Home Language Survey
            3.   Immunization Record (parent to provide)
            4.   Health Record
            5.   Report of Health Examination for School Entry (Gr. 1)
            6.   School Calendar
            7.   Proof of residency
                  (P.G. & E. Bill, Mortgage Papers or Government Issued Document)
            8.   Copy of birth certificate
            9.   Pre-Kindergarten Participation Form
          10.   Oral Health Assessment

For every student who attends a Yuba City Unified School District school, an updated, complete registration form must be filled out each year. This form gives us the necessary information to deal with any emergencies that may arise. EMERGENCY NUMBERS ARE VITAL! It is essential to the safety and well being of our students that we be notified of any changes to the information on the registration forms. We will only release children to parents, guardians, or names of people you list on the registration form.

California Law requires that all students entering a school in California present proof of immunization prior to admittance.  Students registering without, or incomplete, immunization records will not be allowed to begin school until the required immunization records have been supplied.

Required Immunizations include:
5 DTaP shots, 4 Polio, 3 Hep B, 2 MMR*, 1 Varicella*
*Must be after their first birthday

Be aware! 2 Hepatitis A vaccinations are now recommended for all children beginning at the age of one year, but not required for school entry.

All incoming 7th-12th graders are required to get a whooping cough booster shot, called Tdap, before entering school. Students who have not received this booster shot prior to the beginning of the school year will not be allowed to start school. Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is widespread throughout California.

For more information regarding immunizations, please contact the Sutter County Immunization Project, Sutter County Public Health, 1445 Veterans Memorial Circle, Yuba City, (530) 822-7215.

If you need the school staff to administer medicine to your student, the following conditions must be met:

1. An Administration of Medication form must be submitted detailing the type of medicine, the amount to be administered, when it is to be administered, and for how long, with the physician's signature (This form can be picked up at the office).
2. The medicine must be given to the office personnel for security in the original prescription bottle.
3. Complete records are to be kept regarding the administration of any medicine by the office staff.
4. We can not, under any circumstances administer any over the counter drugs, such as aspirin, to any of our students without a completed Administration of Medication form and parent consent.

Further information regarding medical records or medicine may be obtained by contacting:


Known Food Allergies
In order to accommodate dietary modifications in the breakfast and lunch program at school, a physician's written authorization needs to be submitted to the Health Office at school and to the Food Services Director.

Student Accident Insurance
The School District insurance does not cover school accidents or injuries to your child. An insurance form is provided the first day of school for parents to apply and pay for private insurance.
First Grade Physical
California Law requires that all children have a checkup before entering first grade. The exam can be done anytime 18 months before or 90 days after entry into first grade. A completed first grade physical form must be on file at the school.


YCHS is one of three YCUSD High Schools